Face Mask Workshop - Online
The Fashion Box is please to launch our new range of live online classes!
Our new mask making project is the perfect workshop to join in at home, and will be delivered via Zoom.
You will recieve the Zoom link two days before the workshop begins. All you need to do is click the link.
This is a beginners workshop, so all levels are welcome, but you will need to know how to set your machines up ready for sewing, and have a general knowledge of how your machine works (straight stitch only).
During the 1.5hr workshop your tutor, Craig, will guide you through the steps needs to create these funky face masks!
Once purchased, you will receive a PDF pattern, two days before the workshop begins, that you can easily print out at home, ready for you to take part in the workshop and use again and again.
- The mask pattern explained (please have this printed out ready for the session)
- Cutting your pieces out correctly
- Sewing your first seams
- Attaching elastic
- Constructing and bagging out your mask
- Topstitching techniques
We will take a 15 minute break during the workshop, while Zoom reloads, and so people can catch up, or have a cuppa!
- Printer - to print out pattern
- Fabric - at least 50cm x 50cm
- Elastic = 14 inches in length and 1/4 inch in width
- Make sure you have sharp machine needles, and spares, should you break one during the workshop.
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Access to Zoom - video and microphone
You can use any scraps of fabric, you will need 4 mask pieces, which are 20cm x 20cm each.
You can also replace the elastic with strips cut from an old t-shirt.
It is advisable to use a cotton, non- stretchy fabric, for breathability. Nothing too thichk, like jeans denim.
All workshop are on UK time (GMT)
Students can cancel or reschedule their session up to 2 days before the session booking date.
Only one rescehdule permitted per booking.