Introduction to Sewing
Wanted to sew but have absolutely no idea where to start? Well fear no more - we have the perfect solution!
You can now extend your thread of knowledge with this sewing workshop for beginners. Join Craig and the rest of the Fashion Box team for this three-hour class offering an introduction to domestic sewing machines.
After getting to grips with threading, you'll also have the opportunity to explore different stitching techniques and seams as well as mastering sewing in dreaded zips, all with easy techniques provided by your fashion host.
During the second half of the workshop, you will tackle invisible zips, making a small make up bag / pencil case!
1. Understanding the sewing machine and its functions
2. Threading on your bobbin and inserting in the machine
3. Threading the top threads - tips on what can go wrong and how to rectify
4. Sewing with fabric for the first time
5. Backstitiching and securing your row of stitches
6. Experimenting with all the different stitch styles on your machine - and their uses
7. Sewing in straight line, around corners, around curves and spirals - using the foot control
8. Overlock / Zig-zag stitch to prep your fabrics for wearability
9. Sewing your first seam
10. French Seams
11. The invisible zipper foot, and how it works
12. Sewing an invisible zip and creating a small bag
Don't miss out on this fantastic introduction where you're sure to leave understanding the basics of using a sewing machine, and ready to tackle your first garment!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Everything is provided for this workshop.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION BEFORE I ATTEND?
No, just turn up on the day!
RESCHEDULE & REFUND POLICY
You can cancel or amend a booking up to 5 days before your booking date. Outside of this policy there is a £15 rebooking fee on this workshop.
Only one reschedule permitted per booking.
Please note: Doors close 15 minutes after the start time on all workshops. No free reschedules or refunds to latecomers.
This is a 3 hour workshop. Classes start promptly, so make sure you are on time.
This workshop is suitable for 14 years and above.